Before you make your next appointment at your salon to get your nails done, learn more about the differences between acrylic and gel nails. Each of these products produce a beautiful manicure. Learning the differences helps you make an informed choice the next time you book an appointment with your manicurist.
- Affordable and available at nearly all salons
- All colors and polish types can be applied to these artificial nails
- Acrylic nails are great for people who have a hard time growing their nails to their desired length
- Most manicurists know how to apply acrylic nails, so you won’t have to search for a speciality service
- The acrylic material is strong and resistant to cracks and breaks, which means you won’t have to take extra precautions to protect your manicure
- A popular alternative to artificial nails
- Works on natural nails and also tips used to extend the length of the natural nail when necessary
- Produces a glossy, long-lasting finish
- No damage to nail bed when cured properly
- Ideal for people who work in industries that ban long, artificial nails because of hygiene reasons
No matter what type of manicure you choose, it’s important the manicurist is trained in the application for appearance and safety reasons.
Are you interested in a career as a manicurist? At Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers, we train our estheticians to use the latest nail technology trends to provide beautiful, healthy manicures. Our Nail Technology training program is 240 hours and includes learning how to apply tips, wraps, acrylic nails, and gel manicures; how to use nail drill equipment; and more. We have 4 locations in Hollywood, Margate, Orlando, and West Palm Beach, Florida. If you’ve always dreamed of having a rewarding career as a nail technician, we invite you to learn more about our programs at a campus near you. View our program information online at www.hi.edu, or schedule a campus tour directly from our website. Discover how to turn your passion into a fulfilling and lucrative career!