Tips for Becoming a Successful Esthetician Part 2
Beauty estheticians are in high demand in salon and dermatology offices. If you’re interested in this rewarding career, you must have the right skills and personality traits to be successful. To do well in this field, you must be able to do the following 5 things:
1. Listen: What do your clients want? Your clients are always your #1 priority, and you must be able to listen and communicate effectively with them.
2. Professionalism: Speak to your clients in a positive and professional tone. Don’t gossip about other clients, and always use your manners.
3. Sales: Many estheticians don’t realize that their jobs include selling. Yes, they’re hired by the spa or salon to give facials and other beauty treatments, but they’re also responsible for selling products.
4. Set goals: Where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years? Knowing where you’re headed is the best way to get on the right path.
5. Learning: Never stop learning. You’re responsible for the trajectory of your career. The more you know about industry trends and health and wellness, the better equipped you’ll be to give your clients what they want.
Are you ready to improve your skills and talent? Contact Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers. Our skin care program trains students in a variety of services, such as facials, skin analysis, pore cleansing, and other techniques that discerning clients demand. The skin care program we offer prepares students to work in a variety of settings including spas, salons, medical offices, and even private practices. We offer classes on three campuses, West Palm Beach, Orlando, and Hollywood, FL. To learn more about our skin care program or other hair, body, and nail programs, visit us online at https://www.hi.edu.