Tips for Taking Care of Your Hair during Winter
Does your hair look lifeless and dry during the winter? Do you have trouble styling it because it seems to have a mind of its own? You’re not alone. It can be hard to have a good hair day in winter because the air is dry. Here are some tips to keep your hair looking its best during this time of the year.
· Wash your hair less: Shampoo strips hair of its natural oils. Change your shampooing routine to 2-3 times a week and use a dry shampoo to refresh your hair in between washes.
· Use a moisturizing, all-natural shampoo: When you do wash your hair, use a shampoo that doesn’t have a bunch of chemicals. Choose shampoos made from all-natural ingredients that moisturize your hair.
· Apply a hair mask: Deep condition your hair once a week. Ask your hairstylist for product suggestions that work well with your hair type.
· Cut your hair: You don’t have to do anything drastic, but a good haircut at the beginning of winter gets split ends under control and tames flyaways.
· Skip the heat: Heat styling hair causes it to dry out faster than when you let your hair dry naturally. Blow-dry your hair no more than once or twice a week and go natural the rest of the time.
At Hollywood Institute of Beauty Careers, we’re passionate about hair. We know the best hairstyles are those that are easy to maintain and don’t damage your hair. It’s why we train our students to always use the gentlest products and techniques when styling and coloring their clients’ hair. Are you interested in a career in the beauty industry? We offer a variety of programs including cosmetology, skin care, nail technology, barbering, and more. We have campuses in Hollywood, Margate, West Palm Beach, and Orlando, FL. To learn more about our programs, visit us online at https://www.hi.edu.