600 Clock Hours
Other Dual Programs:
Our Full Specialist program combines the Nail Technology & Skin Care programs. Taught by experienced instructors, our program was designed to develop students’ technical skills as well as offer personal professional development. With our hands-on training, students learn innovative techniques for Manicures, Pedicures, Nail Extensions, Nail Sculpturing as well as the latest techniques to beautify and renew the skin including Makeup Artistry.
Theory and Practical Course Material Covers the following:
- Skin Care: Facials, Skin Analysis, Makeup Artistry, Pore Cleansing, Microdermabrasion Techniques, Peels, Spa Treatments using body polishes and wraps, Aromatherapy and Skin Care Regimens, Waxing, Lash and Brow Tinting, Eyebrow Shaping and Eyelash Application
- Nail Technology: Manicures and Pedicures, Artificial Nails, Dip Acrylic, Gel Nails, Hand Massages, Treatments, Nail Fills, Wraps, Nail Art and Polishing
- Professional Development: Ethics, Communication, Payment/Compensation, Licensing Requirements, Licensing Laws, Business Management, Client Record-Keeping
The Skin Care program is designed to teach our students about the care of the skin and the different techniques used in Skin Care. Students will be trained in a through a variety of services including:
- Skin Analysis
- Makeup Artistry
- Pore Cleansing
- Microdermabrasion Techniques
- European Facial Treatments
- Spa Treatments using body polishes and wraps
- Aromatherapy and Skin Care regimens
- Eyebrow shaping and Lash tinting.
Our Skin Care Program goes well beyond basic Skin Care training. Students will learn the structure and functions of the skin and how to recognize and identify lesions and diseases of the skin. Students will also learn Skin Care techniques for treating problematic skin conditions such as oiliness, dryness, come domes, acne, discoloration, and scarring.
You will be trained to recognize skin problems that require a Dermatologist or a Medical Professional, and refer your clients for medical treatment if the skin problem is beyond the scope of the esthetician’s job. Many Skin Care professionals also have the opportunity to become medical estheticians or paramedical estheticians and move into the medical field in places like dermatology offices or plastic surgery offices.
The objective of this program is to provide comprehensive training in the field of Skin Care and to successfully complete the State and school requirements to become eligible for registration with the Board of Cosmetology (DBPR).
Work ethic, an eye for color, and a passion for beauty is all you need to succeed as a Nail Technician. Our innovative Nail Technology program concentrates on the care and beautification of the nails on the hands and feet. The objective of this class is to provide comprehensive training in the field of Nail Technology and to successfully complete the State and school requirements to become eligible for registration as a Nail Specialist with the Board of Cosmetology (DBPR).
Our Nail Technology program is continuously being updated with the latest techniques in the Nail Industry.
Our curriculum includes:
- Foundation and history of Nail Technology
- Spa treatments and services
- Safety precautions
- Sanitation/sterilization procedures
- Equipment and implements used for nail care
- Nail art and nail design
- Professional development
- Acrylic techniques
- Gel sculpting techniques
- Applying nail tips
- Applying wraps
- Applying extensions
- Natural and artificial nail care
- Nail diseases and disorders
Acquire the skills you need to exercise your creativity using professional supplies and tools such as:
- Acrylic Nail Systems
- Acrylic Powder Dip Systems
- Gel Nail Systems
- Nail Drill Equipment
- Tips and Wraps
- Manicure and Pedicure Products, Implements and Equipment
- Nail Art Products and Implements
- Salon and Spa Equipment
As a future Nail Technician, you’ll be prepared to identify nail diseases and serve every client with professionalism and grace.
FULL SPECIALIST STUDENT KIT
Becoming a Full Specialist and having a dual licensed can open many different career opportunities, including employment at Salons, Spas or Resorts. A licensed Full Specialist could find careers in cosmetics marketing, purchasing, beauty consulting, in the medical community as paramedical estheticians or training instructors.
The Bureau of labor Statistics estimates that the overall employment for Employment for Skincare Specialists is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.
The Bureau of labor Statistics estimates that the overall employment for Manicurists and Pedicurists is projected to grow 12 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.
Here are some examples of job titles a Full Specialist can hold:
- Esthetician/Skin Care Specialist
- Medical/Paramedical Esthetician
- Clinical Esthetician
- Master Esthetician
- Spa Manager
- Wax/Hair Removal Specialist
- Nail Technician/Nail Specialist
As a Licensed Full Specialist you can find jobs in:
- Nail salons
- Spas and hair salons
- Cruise ships
- Country clubs
- Health and personal care stores
- Mobile Nail Tech Jobs
Many Full Specialist work for a salon, but others choose to open and own their own businesses. Some decide to take their education and career to the next level and develop their own product line which could be a polish line, nail care product, makeup line, and skin care line among others.