320 Clock Hours
The Electrology program curriculum is designed to give the students a thorough entry-level preparation to work in the field of Electrology. Electrologists permanently remove unwanted hair from the face and body of their clients and patients through the use of electrolysis. Electrolysis is a permanent hair removal treatment, as opposed to temporary procedures such as laser hair removal.
Both men and women have a growing interest in effectively removing hair from their body, removing hair is an essential part of an effective skincare and beauty regimen. There is a high demand for hair removal products and methods that truly work for various areas of the body, including:
- Legs and Arms
- Bikini area
- Facial hair
Our students gain hands-on experience through clinical applications of electrolysis techniques through the following industry leading hair removal modalities:
- Galvanic: A chemical process that eliminates hair growth cells through a chemical reaction. The galvanic modality is usually used with multiple (up to 16) needle galvanic electrolysis.
- Thermolysis: Uses heat to destroy the hair growth cells within the follicle. Thermolysis can use the flash method with high intensity current for less time, or a lower intensity current for a longer time.
- Blend (Galvanic and Thermolysis): Blended to use both heat and chemical reactions to destroy the hair growth cells.
- Laser and Light-Based Hair Removal and Reduction: Laser hair removal provides an intense, pulsating beam of light to the hair follicle to remove unwanted hair. Laser effectively slows hair growth, it doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal.
AT THESE CAMPUSES
You will have plenty of options when it comes to finding a job in this field! Did you know?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics includes electrologists and laser hair removal specialists in their “Skincare Specialists” category. The BLS (2015) anticipates that job demand in the skincare field will grow 40% through the year 2022, with the possibility of about 17,700 jobs being added to the field.
This is significantly faster than the average for all other occupations and faster than that for other personal appearance worker occupations. If you are considering a career in the beauty trade, electrologists and other skin care related fields are hot right now.
Electrologist career opportunities include:
- Salons and Spas
- Health and Wellness Centers
- Hair Removal Centers
- Dermatologist, Plastic surgeons, and other medical offices under the supervision of a physician
Being a self-starter is important for Electrologist who wish to own their own businesses. Many Electrologist choose to work independently and start their own companies. If that’s the case, you should have the entrepreneurial spirit to start and maintain your business as it grows.
If you would like to have a career in a high demand field in which you will be viewed as a respected professional while helping people feel better about themselves each time they look in the mirror, our Electrology program is perfect for you. If you want a job that offers hours that are flexible or want to have your own business, we may be able to help you achieve your goals.